Ken Frohlich is an attorney, an actuary, a former insurance and financial executive and a former college professor. He has lived in Radnor Township for over 38 years. His wife, Judy, is a retired Radnor teacher who taught for many years at Ithan Elementary School. Both of his children graduated from Radnor High School before going on to college and graduate school.
Ken has practiced civil law and Federal Tax Law for the past 10 years. Prior to opening his law practice, Ken had a successful career as a senior executive for several insurance and investment companies. He held positions as Chairman, Board member, CEO or COO of both US companies and companies abroad. He is a Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society and an Associate of the Society of Actuaries and was the Chief Actuary of several large insurance corporations. He served as Chief Financial Officer for a multi-billion-dollar subsidiary of CIGNA and has managed Treasury functions, Compliance functions, planning, operations and Systems Development for large business organizations.
In his many leadership roles, Ken has managed thousands of employees and worked collaboratively with peers and direct reports. With teamwork and strong fiscal policies, he improved the operations of the companies and departments he managed.
Ken has a PhD and began his career as a college professor teaching Mathematics and Computer Science at Kent State University. More recently, he taught Applied Statistics as an adjunct professor of mathematics at Saint Joseph University. He is an Alumnus of Villanova Law School, Lehigh University, and Kent State University.
Ken is an avid Villanova basketball fan, an Eagles fan and a Phillies fan. Ken and his wife love theater (subscriptions to the Walnut and Media Theater), film (BMFI) and travel (they have visited all 7 continents and over 100 countries).
Deep Ties to the Community
Ken has lived in Radnor Township for over 38 years. His wife, Judy, is a retired Radnor teacher who taught for many years at Ithan Elementary School. Both of his children graduated from Radnor High School before earning Bachelors and Master degrees. Ken is a graduate of Villanova Law School and taught math at St. Joseph’s University.
- Strong Financial Controls and Oversight
- Transparency in Financial and Contractual Decisions
- Non-Partisan Management Decisions
- Accountability for Results
- Teamwork and Cooperation with Radnor Staff and Elected Officials – a return to civility
Ken has the Ideal Background and Experience for Radnor Treasurer
- Strong Financial Background (years as CFO of multi-billion-dollar organization, Chief Actuary, Investment firm executive)
- Broad Management Experience (has managed thousands of employees and many areas including Treasury functions, Compliance Department, Planning Departments and Systems Departments)
- Extensive Negotiating Experience
- Legal Experience (10 years in Law Practice)
- History of Success
- J.D. from Villanova Law School
- Ph.D. in Evaluation & Measurement and Mathematics from Kent State University
- MAT in Mathematics from Kent State University
- B.A. with Distinction in Mathematics from Lehigh University
- F.C.A.S. (Fellow of Casualty Actuarial Society) (10 exams)
- ASA (Associate Society of Actuaries) (5 exams)